Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > VTC Hardware > Integration > Recording with a Sony EVI-D30 using VISCA control

Old 03-31-2005   #1
Morgan81
VTC Professional

Morgan81 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Recording with a Sony EVI-D30 using VISCA control

Ok, I've got a few D30's to play around with and I was trying to get a them to activate a VCR to record by using their motion detection.
I'm assuming you need a VCR that is a controller as well but am having a hard time finding anything. I was also looking at running them with a computer using the serial connection, but I have no idea what software to use for this.

Anyone have any experiance using the D30s this way?
Morgan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #2
AVGeek
Rookie Member

AVGeek - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Re:

Well, never used the motion feature but if I was . . the motion detector in theory puts out 5vdc across a couple pins of the visca connector, using a Crestron QM-RMC you can sense the 5vdc with the input sensors then tell a standard VCR to begin recording via infra-red then through the ethernet port using Room View have it email you that it sensed movement, and it you're really geeky hook up a streaming video to the sony video out and use the QM-RMC RS232 to control the camera over your computer with Crestron's E-Control . . if you are not familiar with Crestron check out their website to find a dealer near you (they're located in Rockleigh NJ so maybe within driving distance hehe)
AVGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #3
bgoez
Rookie Member

bgoez - Has only 10 Tech Points

Visca commands for the sony cameras are very easy strings to send via serial communication. you simply need the protocol list. I got mine directly from sony. They will send it to you if you ask them. you simply need the hyperterminal program in xp or if you like a better term program use that.
bgoez is offline   Reply With Quote