Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Clearone
Future-proof, affordable, cloud-ready. Itís room video conferencing that simply fits. COLLABORATE Room solutions provide best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration with a price-point and feature set vastly superior to that of competing room conferencing solutions. Find out how affordable and compatibly video conferencing can be. Clearone.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com

Old 04-05-2012   #1
TelePEng
Rookie Member

TelePEng - Has only 10 Tech Points
Question Jabber 4.4 & WolfvisionVZ-8plus3

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to integrate WolfvisionVZ-8plus3 with Jabber ver. 4.4 and wanted to know if there is a way I can get Jabber to recognize the Wolfvision as a camera source? If so can it be done on the fly i.e. speak to a participant at the far end & then change the camera source to the document camera

While I can share the entire desktop to show the image, Jabber does not recognize the pop-up display that the Wolfvision software creates when you wish to view the document image.

Thanks in advance.
TelePEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #2
avdesign
VTC Professional

avdesign - Has only 10 Tech Points

I ran into this a couple of years ago when trying to use the VZ-8plus2 with Elluminate. The only thing that worked was application sharing because Wolfvision didn't offer a driver for the camera to be used that way. I complained (nicely), and they were very receptive. They released a Windows driver in April 2010, and you can download it here (no Mac version so far as I know):

http://www.wolfvision.com/visualizer...capture-driver

It would be fun to take credit for it, but I imagine they heard about it from other users as well.

Let us know if this works. By the time they released it we had moved on to other projects and I never got back to that.
avdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #3
TelePEng
Rookie Member

Thanks for the quick response Avdesign. I tried the driver listed above but for whatever reason I still cannot change the Settings > Video > Camera to the Wolfvision VZ-8plus3.

It may be due to how the Wolfvision camera & software interact to allow annotation or it may be due to the freeware version of Jabber 4.4.

We will be getting the full Jabber (Movi) version shortly and once we do I will try it with that.

Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2012   #4
avdesign
VTC Professional

Interesting. The whole point of that driver was supposed to allow the camera to be accessible to other apps. Have you tried it without loading the Wolfvision software, just plug the USB cable in and see if it shows up like a webcam? That was supposed to be the point. If that doesn't work I'm going to ping them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePEng View Post
Thanks for the quick response Avdesign. I tried the driver listed above but for whatever reason I still cannot change the Settings > Video > Camera to the Wolfvision VZ-8plus3.

It may be due to how the Wolfvision camera & software interact to allow annotation or it may be due to the freeware version of Jabber 4.4.

We will be getting the full Jabber (Movi) version shortly and once we do I will try it with that.

Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2012   #5
TelePEng
Rookie Member

Although it does show as an "Imaging device" in Device Manager (Windows 7) it does not show up as a webcam regardless of whether the Wolfvision software is running or not.

If you hear anything back please let me know.

Thanks again
Old 04-18-2012   #6
TelePEng
Rookie Member

Hey Avdesign,

I spoke to Cisco & confirmed that neither the freeware nor full version of Jabber will allow the selection of the Wolfvision Document camera as a camera source.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2012   #7
streamnz
VTC Professional

streamnz - Has over 50 Tech Points

BTW - the software (Movi, Jabber, whatever) does not make any such restriction - it will use any camera available as a general use webcam on the system.
Cisco Systems

The opinions expressed in this forum are my own views and not those of Cisco.
streamnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #8
avdesign
VTC Professional

That's what I understood. Perhaps the Wolfvision driver isn't working right. I'm going to try it with XP, but it will have to wait until next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamnz View Post
BTW - the software (Movi, Jabber, whatever) does not make any such restriction - it will use any camera available as a general use webcam on the system.
Old 04-19-2012   #9
TelePEng
Rookie Member

hmmm that's interesting ... let me know what you find AV & thanks for the input Streamnz.