Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Clearone
Future-proof, affordable, cloud-ready. Itís room video conferencing that simply fits. COLLABORATE Room solutions provide best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration with a price-point and feature set vastly superior to that of competing room conferencing solutions. Find out how affordable and compatibly video conferencing can be. Clearone.com
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > VTC Hardware > CODEC > Tandberg EX90 - Can't set web interface password

Old 04-02-2012   #1
hopers
Rookie Member

hopers - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Tandberg EX90 - Can't set web interface password

I am attempting to change the password on an EX90 from <blank> to something a little more secure. I know that there is supposed to be a change password option in the left hand menu, but it's not showing up for me.

The menu options that I have are:

System Info
Upgrade software
Advanced configuration
Wallpaper
Call
Upload certificates
XML files
Logs

I am running software version TC3.1.2.227244

When I go to the web interface, it never prompts me for a password.

I suspect that I might need to upgrade the software, but I'm wondering if there's a menu option that I can change in order to get all of the possible menu items.

Thanks!
hopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #2
avdesign
VTC Professional

avdesign - Has only 10 Tech Points

I don't think that 3.1 allowed password changes via the web interface, but you can do it using the command line interface. You can download the admin guide for 3.1 for instructions.

Go to the old Tandberg web site. As long as it lasts, its much easier to find stuff than on Cisco's site:

http://www.tandberg.com/support/vide...umentation.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopers View Post
I am attempting to change the password on an EX90 from <blank> to something a little more secure. I know that there is supposed to be a change password option in the left hand menu, but it's not showing up for me.

The menu options that I have are:

System Info
Upgrade software
Advanced configuration
Wallpaper
Call
Upload certificates
XML files
Logs

I am running software version TC3.1.2.227244

When I go to the web interface, it never prompts me for a password.

I suspect that I might need to upgrade the software, but I'm wondering if there's a menu option that I can change in order to get all of the possible menu items.

Thanks!
avdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #3
hopers
Rookie Member

hopers - Has only 10 Tech Points

Yeah, it looks like I need to upgrade the software if I want to change the password from the interface. I was able to change the password over telnet.

Thanks!
hopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012   #4
avdesign
VTC Professional

avdesign - Has only 10 Tech Points

The web interface is much better now. Not perfect, but better. Good luck.
avdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #5
dbl
Rookie Member

dbl - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdesign View Post
The web interface is much better now. Not perfect, but better. Good luck.
Hi, I'd be happy to hear if you have any wishes regarding missing features etc. on the web interface.

Cheers,
David @Cisco
dbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #6
robertk
Super VTC Guru
One of Our First 100 Members!!

robertk - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl View Post
Hi, I'd be happy to hear if you have any wishes regarding missing features etc. on the web interface.

Cheers,
David @Cisco
Hi David,

There seems to be a lot of new interface features that are only controllable from the unit itleslf and not manageble for us that only see a codec from the TMS or it's web-page/CLI.

For example how to control if a C-codec has enabled the Virtual Keyboard or not.

For large installations and for us to support it, we want to be able to lock down feature like this to always be there, and not depending on if someone toggled that feature on or off.

//Robert
robertk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #7
dbl
Rookie Member

dbl - Has only 10 Tech Points

Hi Robert,
so your concerns are about supporting users, not necessarily from an integration perspective. We see that some UI-toggle features (like the Virtual Keyboard) could be set to always on to ensure consistency between usage. Great input!

Anything else?

cheers,
David
dbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #8
robertk
Super VTC Guru
One of Our First 100 Members!!

robertk - Has only 10 Tech Points

Hi David,

I have probably loads of feature requests... but as always, they are all gone when one try to explain them here

But generally, the C series is a totally different beast to work with compared to old trusty MXPs. They are so much more advanced. And at least I feel that I do not have the same level of control over them as with the MXP.

One thing of course is the new Touch-pad. It's hopeless to remote support. All you can hope for is that some one locally can help with pair and re-pairing them (which seems to be needed on a regular basis ).

A better remote support for that device would probably be my No1. request!

1. Remote access on the touch pad, so we can pair it to the main unit remotely.

2. We seem to have problem with touch pads that only connect to networks that do not offer a DHCP service. They will just not work... one need to connect them to a DHCP network first.

3. Once paired, it should not rely on passwords, they might change on the main unit. Instead they should use certificates. And that process need to be automated.

3b. Or there should be a pre-configured touch-pad user on the unit. Today we set up a special user or the touch pad. But have not dared to give it lover then admin priviliges. That could possible be explained in the pairing guide what level of priviliges such a user should have.

4. And of course, monitor the Touch pads in TMS to see when they fail to pair with it's main unit!

As I say, I have loads of feature requests... I just don't have the time to work them in to Cisco all the time, the products seem to work good enough anyway.

David if you really are interested in more, then maybe we should take it outside of a forum like this? Just send me a PM and we can probably arrange something?

//Robert
robertk is online now   Reply With Quote