Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Clearone
Future-proof, affordable, cloud-ready. Itís room video conferencing that simply fits. COLLABORATE Room solutions provide best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration with a price-point and feature set vastly superior to that of competing room conferencing solutions. Find out how affordable and compatibly video conferencing can be. Clearone.com
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > Systems and Applications > Practical applications of conferencing technology > How many Traversal Server(VCSE) can connect to one Traversal Client(VCSC)???

Old 03-13-2012   #1
Nikhil
Rookie Member

Nikhil - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default How many Traversal Server(VCSE) can connect to one Traversal Client(VCSC)???

HI All,

i appriciate if anyone can reply to my thread immediatly.

How many VCS-Expressway can get connect to one VCS Cluster.

i have a centeralised VCS-Cluster and a traversal zone created to local VCS-Expressway from this Cluster. I am planning to put 9 VCS-Expressway in all other 9 remote locations. So i would like to know can i able to create traversal zone from these all remote VCS-Expressway to this Centeralised VCSC Cluster???

If you have any document related to this please share it.

Please help me out...

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #2
Tigger09
VTC Professional

Tigger09 - Has only 10 Tech Points

That sounds like an expensive solution and a great way to have unneeded bandwidth flying all over the place. I assume you have 9 remote offices you want to connect back to the site with the VCS control.

Another suggestion would be a Polycom VBP at each site that forwards all the signalling back to the VCS-E you already have deployed. The cost would likely be less than a quarter of buying 9 VBPs, would get you better bandwidth usage and get you an all around better archetected solution.

Just a suggestion.
Tigger09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #3
robertk
Super VTC Guru
One of Our First 100 Members!!

robertk - Has only 10 Tech Points

I think you can be safe with only 9 traversal zones.

From the admin guide:

You can configure up to 1000 zones. Each zone is configured as one of the following zone types:

- Neighbor: a connection to a neighbor system of the local VCS.
- Traversal client: the local VCS is a traversal client of the system being connected to, and there is a
firewall between the two.
- Traversal server: the local VCS is a traversal server for the system being connected to, and there is a
firewall between the two.
- ENUM: the zone contains endpoints discoverable by ENUM lookup.
- DNS: the zone contains endpoints discoverable by DNS lookup.

//Robert
robertk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #4
BasicITOne
VTC Professional

BasicITOne - Has only 10 Tech Points
Send a message via AIM to BasicITOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
HI All,

i appriciate if anyone can reply to my thread immediatly.

How many VCS-Expressway can get connect to one VCS Cluster.

i have a centeralised VCS-Cluster and a traversal zone created to local VCS-Expressway from this Cluster. I am planning to put 9 VCS-Expressway in all other 9 remote locations. So i would like to know can i able to create traversal zone from these all remote VCS-Expressway to this Centeralised VCSC Cluster???

If you have any document related to this please share it.

Please help me out...

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan
I think what are planning to do sounds like it might not do what you think it will do.

If you have nine sites that need VCSE I assume that their is a firewall at each site and a number of endpoints behind each firewall.

A better solution would be to have one central VCSE cluster and then deploy a VCSC behind each firewall as the FWT Client to that VCSE Cluster or if the endpoints are capable have them act as a native client.
BasicITOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #5
shipsak
Rookie Member

shipsak - Has only 10 Tech Points

In general I agree with BasicITOne. Also you are not going to run out of traversal zones anytime soon.

That said what exactly are you trying to solve or trying to do? I think a single VCS-E at the central locaton with VCS-C's at all the remotes, including the Central location (behind the Firewall of course) would be far more economical. The licensing alone for VCS-E's is much more than C's. (Depending on Call volumes and types of course)

As always more information on what you are trying to do would help.
shipsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #6
cedi
Experienced Technician

cedi - Has only 10 Tech Points

Hi.

I guess you can create traversal zone for each site. Usin just one VCS Expressway in the centre.
For bandwidth optimization you could use SIP ICE. This should keep your IP traffic localized as much as possible.

If you use endpoints, that support SIP ICE... it should be doable.

BR,
Cedi
cedi is offline   Reply With Quote