Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > Video Networks > Commercial > VTC network size and support structure.

Old 03-28-2012   #1
Dan@ENA
Rookie Member

Dan@ENA - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default VTC network size and support structure.

Hello fellow telepresence professionals!

I have been tasked by my management to get a general idea of the scope and levels of support for the average VTC network.

What I would like to know is:
1. How many codecs are currently deployed in your network?
2. How many individuals support those codecs?
3. What type of codecs are currently deployed in your network (Cisco, Polycom, etc.)?

I'll start off:
1. 198 endpoints.
2. 5 level 1 support techs and 2 tier 2 plus engineers.
3. Cisco primarily with Polycom and Vidyo.

This data will not be used in any marketing/sales way. It is strictly for a presentation for my support team. Thank you for your assistance!
Dan@ENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012   #2
shipsak
Rookie Member

shipsak - Has only 10 Tech Points

I used to work for a Service Provider that supported over 400 endpoints of everything from Cisco to Tandberg, new and old, 15 separate customer networks inlcuding the infrastructure. I think at last count I managed or had access to 15 video bridges (Codian SD/HD, Polycom MGC/RMX, MPS 200's)

We also supported Vidyo, CMA, Movi, TMS, VCS's, VBP's ... You get the point.

Support team was as follows:
- I was last level of support for the company
- 1 backup administrator who supported me but had other duties as well
- Helpdesk of 5

I think it is important to understand about half the devices were in customer networks where they took the 1st level call. The other half fell to the support desk which was pretty advanced. They had access to the routers and many other devices that most Video Guys do not have. That said there was an entire network team that I loved working with that supported the underlying transport, which I also had access to.

So the numbers may be off a little, but pretty close to what you are looking for I think.
shipsak is offline   Reply With Quote