Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com

Old 01-22-2012   #51
streamnz
VTC Professional

streamnz - Has over 50 Tech Points

Hi - being ignored is certainly not right. There is certainly something wrong in this case. Please get in touch via a PM and let me know where you're based and who you used to deal with and I'll do what I can to get the lines of communication open once more.

Please also believe men when I say that there are many hundreds of us "former TANDBERG" people still very much in the process of influencing how things work in Cisco - and we are making a lot of progress - even if not all of it is yet visible externally.

Peter
Cisco Systems

The opinions expressed in this forum are my own views and not those of Cisco.
streamnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #52
AceVid
VTC Professional

AceVid - Has over 50 Tech Points
Angry

Got told by TAC last Wed my case was being referred to Supervisor and tech was going to be in training the following day (Wed) but would be back Thursday....

Thursday comes and goes...Friday comes and goes...

Here we are at Monday, I ping the tech via email about my case and get back a Auto-reply telling me he'll be out until the 13th and if I require urgent assistance in the meantime, please contact the TAC Customer Interaction Network and request reassignment of your SR to the next available engineer.

What the ...%$#@ ???
Old 02-06-2012   #53
streamnz
VTC Professional

Hi AceVid - I got told by the admin for the backend of the system that last week they were processing 137000 systems to correct the software linked to them and that this should resolve 90%+ of the TMS issues. He expected the process to finish late last week or early this week. If you have systems that are still not working could you please pass me in a PM the SR numbers and I'll follow up directly with him.
Cisco Systems

Old 02-06-2012   #54
AceVid
VTC Professional

AceVid - Has over 50 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamnz View Post
Hi AceVid - I got told by the admin for the backend of the system that last week they were processing 137000 systems to correct the software linked to them and that this should resolve 90%+ of the TMS issues. He expected the process to finish late last week or early this week. If you have systems that are still not working could you please pass me in a PM the SR numbers and I'll follow up directly with him.
My ticket is not related to a TMS issue or serial# issue.
Old 02-06-2012   #55
jpd
Super VTC Guru

jpd - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamnz View Post
Shall be interesting to see if this fixes my lack of provisioning in TMS then - might give it a couple of more days and see what happens.

cheers jens
jpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #56
AlaskaTed
Rookie Member

AlaskaTed - Has only 10 Tech Points
Send a message via Skype™ to AlaskaTed

We contract through our ISP provider for RMA service replacements for our Tandberg endpoints. So far Cisco is batting only about 10%. twice I have needed just replacement power supplies and what shows up? Complete codecs (minus any power supplies). And it takes about 2-3 months to get a response for the return.

I'm truly worried that Cisco touts such high end performance when so far I haven't seen anything that quantifies for it.
Old 02-16-2012   #57
streamnz
VTC Professional

Hi AlaskaTed,

If you have a service contract (which you must if you are getting replacements) then you should not be looking at any more than two to three days max for replacements as I understand it. Months??? That indicates there is something seriously wrong in the chain somewhere. Also, getting the wrong part replaced is odd too, every replaceable item has a specific part number and comes with an = at the end of it (indicating that it is a spare part and should not ship with other components). Sounds like the wrong spare is being ordered somewhere.

I suggest you chat about this situation with your Cisco Account Manager - because what you have described is certainly not what you should be seeing!

Peter
Cisco Systems

Old 03-14-2012   #58
basy2k
Rookie Member

basy2k - Has only 10 Tech Points

Where is release key generator for MXP endpoints on cisco web site?
basy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #59
rob1971
VTC Professional

rob1971 - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by basy2k View Post
Where is release key generator for MXP endpoints on cisco web site?
Hi basy2k

You can find it here:
https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home
You'll need an account on the site before you can access the tool though.

Rob
rob1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #60
jpd
Super VTC Guru

jpd - Has only 10 Tech Points

Cisco now wants to close our TAC case re provisioning - or lack thereof - in TMS - despite it not having been fixed.

To top it off, they now advise the two second generation TCS' which we acquired through trading in the first generation with these, only have warranty and no service contract!

This despite the existing contracts were supposed to be transferred from the old to the new systems - and TMS even reports the correct expiry dates for both - someone well and truly screwed up somewhere - and it wasn't us.

I am now so sick and tired of having to deal with these issues, which has been one after the other ever since TANDBERG was swallowed up by the behemoth Cisco that I'm ready to recommend we dump Cisco in favour or someone else.

/jens
jpd is offline   Reply With Quote