PDA

View Full Version : How to reset the admin password of Codec C20

abhikasliwal
05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I lost my codec c20 admin password and don't remember what was it. Can someone please help to find out if there is any way I can reset the password ? Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Abhi

jpd
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
See TANDBERG Knowledge Base article 535 (http://www.tandberg.com/support/video-conferencing-knowledge-base/faq-entries/reset-cisco-telepresence-system-codec-c20-factory-settings-535.jsp)

jens

abhikasliwal
05-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks Jens,

I did go through that article but the problem is it will reset the device and I don't want to loose the settings. Is there any way I can save these settings before reseting the device. Appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Abhi

jpd
05-25-2011, 11:25 PM
You would be able to save the configuration file if you are using TMS, and then restoring it afterwards, however, if you are using TMS then you can change the password in "Edit Settings".

If you're not using TMS then you are, as far as I know, out of luck.

jens

abhikasliwal
05-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Yes we use TMS and I tried to do this as well but for some strange reason I am not getting "Edit Settings" option when I go to this device in TMS. However, I can see edit option for other C20 devices. Can you please give me an idea of how to save the configuration file from TMS? Sorry, I am new to this stuff so I don't have much knowledge. Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
Abhi

abhikasliwal
05-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks Jens, found out how to do the backup. But, couldn't find out why I can't find the edit setting option on this device.

jpd
05-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Sounds like you haven't got full admin rights within TMS, contact your admin and ask them to set the relevant permissions so you can edit settings on this end-points. These permissions can be set individually on systems and/or folders.

Only TMS admin has, by default, access to absolutely everything within TMS.

jens

abhikasliwal
05-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks Jens, You were right. I can edit settings now after assigning myself TMS admin rights. I also have full access on all systems now. But when I am editing the settings, can't get an option to change the password. Can we create new templates in TMS to change the password on codec devices ?? I couldn't find that option when I tried creating a new template. Looks like I might need to reset the device finally. Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Abhi

jpd
05-26-2011, 01:58 AM
There is no "change password" option as such, only a password "field", just enter the new password in there and press "Save".

jens

abhikasliwal
05-26-2011, 07:34 AM
no there is no password field visible when editing settings..Thanks

jpd
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Interesting...see attached screenshot from "General" under "Edit Settings";
TMS 13.01, C20 with TC4.1.1

jens

abhikasliwal
05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks Jens, I am not getting any password option after Time Zone. Anyways, TMS is showing "error 1271 - TMS Agent Diagnostics Critical Error. (27/05/2011 6:54:40 AM) " for our VCSC . Couldn't find any discription anywhere. Is it serious ??

jpd
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
OK, don't know why you're not getting that option.

As for TMS Agent errors, go to
Administrative Tools-->TMS Agent Diagnostics.

You should be able to select your VCS from the menu in the left pane, and you should see a long list of diagnoses you should see what's wrong.

jens

abhikasliwal
05-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks Jens, but I am getting SIP username and SIP password option in Network Settings. Will it help if I change the SIP password ?
Cheers
Abhi

jpd
05-27-2011, 12:46 AM
No, that's used by the codec to authenticate to the SIP registrar, not for ssh and/or http/https acess to the codec, which is what you are wanting.

jens

abhikasliwal
05-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks a lot mate.. I have contacted Tandberg and they said that if I connect to the device with a serial cable then i can reset the password. I will give it a shot and will let you know.
Cheers
Abhi