PDA

View Full Version : Polycom CMA-phonebook on Tandberg endpoints

hoppel118
03-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey Guys,

I have some Tandberg Endpoints (MXP3000, MXP6000, EX90) in my environment that I want to connect to the Polycom CMA phonebook.

No way, can't get it to work. What do I have to do? On the Polycom Endpoints I don't have any problems to see the phonebook.

What informations do you need?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

An Example for my MXP 3000 configuration:

Endpoint Configuration - Generell - External Phone Book Settings

Corporate Directory: ON
Address: 172.xx.xx.xx (CMA-IP)
Path: tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

An Example for my EX90 configuration:

Advanced Configuration - Phonebook - Server 1

ID: default
Type: TMS (or Callway)
URL: http://172.xx.xx.xx/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the correct path needed in the Tandberg endpoints? Or is the default path (looks like a tms path) ok?

I installed the TMS-Software in virtual maschine and the phonebooks work great on Tandberg endpoints. But here I need the phonebooks from the CMA on the tandberg endpoints.

Greeting from Hamburg in Germany

MikeB54
03-04-2011, 08:27 AM
What version of software is on the CMA? 5.x? Also, I have heard that the path entered in the Tandberg endpoints is case sensitive. Try TMS/Public/external/phonebook/PhoneBookService.asmx

hoppel118
03-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Thank you very much, that was an easy solution for all three tandberg-frontend-types.

Another question: With the TMS it is possible to bring multiple phonebooks onto the endpoint. Is it possible to build phonebook-groups on the CMA, too?

I have the newest version on the CMA: 5.4

Thanks again.

MikeB54
03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Currently the CMA only supports a single address book.

hoppel118
03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh, its a pitty. I like to have more phonebooks than one. Not everyone should see all the other endpoints in our business.

The TMS-phonebook solution is much more flexible.

Thanks again for your help.

SimonS
03-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Although the CMA only supports one address book, you can create groups in the cma which can be set as a directory. I am not sure if the Tandberg will display the groups correctly like the Polycom endpoints would do. You would not still be able to apply any view permissions on the groups, but it would help to organize the gab better.

S.

hoppel118
03-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Hallo SimonS,

can you tel me how to setup these groups or where it is written?

Can't find something like this in the "operation guide".

Greetings

SimonS
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Sure - In the CMA web GUI, go to Users, Groups...

Add a group. Under the General Info submenu, select the Directory Viewable option.

When viewed by my HDX, the group shows up under the Global Address Directory.I am not sure if the Tandberg unit will do the same thing. Your mileage may vary.

S.

peterd
06-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how to get this working?

I now have a Polycom CMA4000 (Version 5.3.0) and some Polycom HDX and Cisco C-Series Endpoints (TC 4.1.0).
When I fill in http://10.32.1.201/TMS/Public/external/phonebook/PhoneBookService.asmx for the Phonebook URL on a C20 but I don't see anything in the Phonebook.
On the HDX it's ok.

peterd
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
For some reason I can't seem to edit my post so here's the full URL (without the spaces of course):

h t t p ://10.32.1.201/TMS/Public/external/phonebook/PhoneBookService.asmx

SimonS
06-09-2011, 07:33 AM
That URL looks correct. Grab a packet trace from the cma to see what the Tandberg is sending or trying to send.

S.

peterd
06-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Strange... Seemed the system couldn't find the URL.
After upgrading to CMA 5.5.0 it was solved.

2kprlmax
03-14-2013, 02:57 PM
SimonS I am having the same problem as Peterd. I have a polycom CMA 500 version 6.0.3 and I have a C40 version 5.1.5. I used the same dialing string as peter with my cma ip in the phonebook server1 on the c40. The type is TMS. I do not get any of the directory.

Robert@Videra
04-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Hello

i would like to have the GAB on a C20 SW: 5.1.7.

I've read through the CMA operations guide and through this forum and if both endpoint and CMA are in the same network it should work.

However the problem in my case is that this endpoint has no direct network access to the CMA(v.6).

The endpoint and the CMA are in 2 diiferent networks.

Is it possible to get it working anyways with a VBP-ST in between?

I can register the C20 to the VBP but this seems to be pretty much it....

I have a few other HDXs in dynamic mode registered and managed by the CMA through a VBP-ST and it works fine.

I wonder if i could do that with my C20?

Rgds

Philip Hughes
05-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Amazing I was so happy after checkout this nice informative forum site. Thanks for share it.

Arkangel
06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
In the past I found it easier to just FTP into the endpoint and modify the phone book via notepad, or notepad plus. Then save it with the same extension as you found it.

This was copied to all the codecs without an issue, just make sure your mindful not to implement an extra spaces where they are not needed. If you do, the outcome will not work.

I'm not sure if you can have multiple, probably not. If you put more numbers than accepted, it will not open when you test it on the codec.

Good luck...... :chinese: